Job Opportunity: Director of Events & Business Education
The Vermont Chamber of Commerce’s mission is to help its members grow their businesses and the Vermont economy. As the largest statewide business organization, the Vermont Chamber of Commerce represents all industries and sectors from tourism to manufacturing to retail to healthcare to construction to technology. Every signature networking event organized, every policy advocated, and every unique marketing opportunity created is designed to make Vermont a better, more vibrant place to live, work, start a business, and play.
The Director of Events & Business Education must demonstrate a passion for bringing people together for unforgettable experiences. This role provides businesses with tremendous value by producing content-rich events focused on policy and industry trends. This will include developing educational programming and content for diversity, equity, and inclusion initiatives. We are looking for a team player with strong organizational skills who can manage many events and programs simultaneously and understands that a successful business community is important to the economic health of Vermont.
- Works with a team to develop content for events, finding inspiration and ideas from local and national news, emerging trends, and other industry events, tradeshows, and developments
- Demonstrated ability to manage budgets, and meet expected financial targets for attendance, ticket sales, exhibitor booths, and/or sponsorships
- Develops, implements, and evaluates the organization’s strategy of education and event planning, continuously adjusting them to meet the needs of attendees.
- Manages a calendar of events and works toward flawless execution
- Responsible for negotiating contracts with venues, service providers and other vendors.
- Manages the registration process to ensure a clear and concise customer experience
- Coordinates staff participation at events
- Coordinates speaker logistics to ensure content development matches the overall goal of the event
Education and Experience:
- Proven, professional track record in event management and logistics or similar field is required
- Exceptional customer service skills
- Ability to design sponsorship packages and solicit sponsors
- Knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, databases, and willingness to learn new applications is required
- Demonstrated ability to be highly organized with a strong attention to detail
Work Environment and Application:
This position is remote with one day a week at the Berlin office. This position requires occasional in-state travel and will require work outside of traditional office hours to execute events. Interested candidates should send a cover letter with LinkedIn profile and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
SHARE THIS ARTICLE