The Vermont Economic Conference, presented by the Vermont Chamber of Commerce, is Vermont’s premier economic event of the year. Thank you for joining us for a day of insightful presentations, engaging discussions, and valuable networking opportunities, as we explored the economic forces shaping our state and nation.
This year’s content was curated to provide an in-depth look at national and state economic outlooks, as well as the latest economic indicators shaping Vermont’s business landscape.
Presentation slides are linked in the “Agenda” section below.
Tuesday, January 30, 2024
VermontBiz and the Vermont Chamber of Commerce are pleased to announce the winner of the prestigious and highly anticipated Outstanding Business of the Year Award 2023, this year’s winner is Bourne’s Energy.
Bourne’s Energy is an independent, local, family-owned-and-operated energy business that has been around for 75 years. Bourne’s Energy is considered a leading-edge innovator when it comes to the environment and its future.
The award will be presented by the Vermont Chamber, Vermont Biz, and Union Mutual.
Learn more here: Bourne’s Energy wins Outstanding Business of the Year Award 2023
Get a comprehensive understanding of Vermont’s economic landscape with insights from Vermont’s leading economic expert and explore the challenges and opportunities ahead.
Explore the influence of immigration on Vermont’s economic growth. This panel will highlight the contributions of immigrants to Vermont, workforce development and diversity, and the impact of immigration policies on local businesses and communities. Experts will share successful workforce development and diversity strategies that attendees can leverage and implement in their businesses.
Gain valuable insights into the broader U.S. economic landscape, with top economist and financial market expert, Leslie Preston sharing their perspectives on national trends and their impact on the future.
- Red Hen Bread and Vermont Butter
- House Salad with Maple Balsamic
- Roasted Baby Potatoes and Garbanzos
- Herbs, Balsamic Glazed Carrots, Pickled Red Onions (Vegan/GF/DF)
- Marinated Grilled Chicken
- Blueberry Cobbler Cheesecake
- Fruit and Berry Cups
In today’s rapidly evolving landscape, Artificial Intelligence (AI) is reshaping industries and redefining the way we do business. This interactive presentation will delve into both the theory of AI and explore practical applications for businesses looking to harness the potential of AI.
Free parking is available in four locations on the University of Vermont campus for Vermont Economic Conference attendees. The parking pass and additional information are available below:
- Parking Permit – Gutterson
- Parking Permit – Jeffords
- Parking Permit – Waterman
- Parking Permit – Allen House
Free shuttle bus schedule and tracking is available, here.
- Select “UVM Guest” from available Wi-Fi networks.
- A sign-in screen will display two options: “Self-Sponsor” and “Sponsored Guests”
- Select “Register via SMS” under “Self-Sponsor”.
- Enter your cell phone number and select “Send me a code”.
- A text message and code will be sent. Enter the code on the sign-in screen.
- If you are unable to receive a code via text, please visit the Registration Desk or the Event Services Office for a username and password.
- Gain valuable insights from renowned experts on the national, global, and state economic outlooks.
- Explore critical topics such as inflation, consumer spending, employment trends, demographics, and the state budget.
- Network with fellow business leaders and industry experts.
- Empower your business success with the insights and connections you need to navigate the ever-changing economic landscape.
If you have any questions about the event, please email Ellie Schabel, Director of Events and Business Education.