The Vermont visitor economy has a $3.2 billion annual economic impact and employs 10% of the Vermont workforce. You’re invited to join tourism and hospitality industry leaders at the State House to engage with legislators and raise awareness of the collective contributions of these industries to the Vermont economy.
8:00 – 9:00 Coffee with Governor Scott
- Location: Governor’s Ceremonial Office, Vermont State House (2nd floor)
9:00 – 11:00 Joint Hearing on the Visitor Economy
- Location: Pavilion Building (109 State St.)
- [NOTE: It is about a 3-5 minute walk from the State House to the Pavilion. We recommend arriving early to allow time for parking or the walk from the State House.]
11:00 – 1:00 Lunch with Legislators
- Location: Cafeteria, Vermont State House (2nd floor)
- See resources below on how to schedule time with your legislator.
4:00 – 6:00 Specialty Food & Beverage Legislative Tasting
- Location: Capitol Plaza Hotel
- The Vermont Specialty Food Association tasting is one of the most highly anticipated event for legislators each year and a chance for producers to highlight the importance of grants and funding for their industry. Learn more.
Additional details coming soon.
TOURISM ECONOMY DAY FAQ
Have a question about participating in Tourism Economy Day at the State House? Before you arrive, check out the answers to this list of frequently asked questions:
Events are taking place throughout the day and you are welcome to attend any, or all, of them. We especially encourage you to attend the hearing and the reception with legislators to ensure the full force of the industry is represented.
Tourism Day at the State House is packed with options for partners to participate.
- Attend the Joint Hearing – Support industry leaders who will be testifying before the House Commerce and Community Development Committee and Senate Economic Development, Housing & General Affairs Committee.
- Connect With Legislators at Lunch – More information coming soon.
- Attend House and/or Senate Floor Sessions – Gallery seating is available in the chamber of the House of Representatives and Senate.
- Visit Your Legislators – Partners are encouraged to connect and schedule meetings with your local legislators throughout the day. Please see “How do I schedule time with my legislators?” below for more information.
There is on-street metered parking within the Capitol District. Paid parking is also available throughout downtown Montpelier, just a few blocks away.
Parking spaces near the State House tend to fill up early in the day. Free parking is offered in a nearby lot at the Vermont Department of Labor (5 Green Mountain Drive). Service between Department of Labor Park and Ride and the Capitol District is available via MyRide by GMT (GMT strongly recommends pre booking your ride via the MyRide by GMT app (The MyRide by GMT app is available for download at the Apple Store and Google Play Store) or by calling 802-540-2468). For more information visit Green Mountain Transit.
- Find the legislative districts you are located in here, if needed.
- Contact your legislators’ offices by email or phone to let them know that you will be attending Tourism Economy Day on April 11, 2024 and would like to meet with them during lunch or the reception.
- Having trouble finding their contact information? Contact the Sergeant at Arms’ office at 802-828-2228 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you have any questions about the event, please email Amy Spear, Vice President of Tourism, at email@example.com.