Vermont Business Resources

Business Development

Creative Workforce Solutions: An inititiative of VocRehab Vermont

Creative ways to increase your bottom line. Let VocRehab do all the work:

  • Risk-free Trial
  • Tax Incentives & Credits
  • Temp to Hire
  • On-the-Job Training
  • Long-term Internship
  • Training & Coaching
  • Flexible Ongoing Support
  • Employee Assistance Program

Vermont Employee Ownership Center

The Vermont Employee Ownership Center (VEOC) is a non-profit organization dedicated to promoting and fostering employee ownership. VEOC goals are to broaden capital ownership, deepen employee participation, retain local ownership of businesses and the jobs they support, increase living standards for working families, and stabilize communities.

U.S. Small Business Administration-- Vermont District Office

The U.S. Small Business Administration (SBA) maintains and strengthens the nation's economy by aiding, counseling, and protecting the interests of small businesses and by helping families and businesses recover from national disasters. SBA provides financial assistance for new or existing businesses through guaranteed loans made by area bank and non-bank lenders; provides free counseling through the Service Corps of Retired Executives; free consulting services through the network of Small Business Development Centers; advice to women business owners through the Vermont Women's Business Center, and more.

The Vermont Small Business Development Center

The Vermont Small Business Development Center (SBDC) provides free and confidential business assistance, which includes, but is not limited to: Business Plan Development, Acquisition, Marketing, Expansion, Capital Formation, and Financial Analysis. Housed at the 12 Regional Development Corporations and Vermont Technical College, advice from SBDC business counselors is strictly free and confidential. The SBDC also offers statewide services of Regulatory Assistance, Energy Efficiency and Workplace Safety, Agricultural Businesses Planning and Financial Management assistance, and Technology Business Development. For further information and/or assistance, and to find the SBDC office closest to you, go to: or call 1-800-464-7232.

Environmental and Land Use Permitting

Environmental Permit Information Summary

The Agency of Natural Resources' three departments, Environmental Conservation (DEC), Fish and Wildlife (F&W), Forests, Parks and Recreation (FPR) have regulatory responsibility for a number of programs and oversee their associated permits. The majority of environmental permits are issued by the DEC.

Natural Resources Board

The website of the Land Use Panel of the Natural Resources Board. Established by Act No. 115 of the Vermont General Assembly, the Land Use Panel oversees the activities of the District Environmental Commissions, provides administrative support and enforcement of Act 250 permits, and conducts rulemaking related to the Act 250 program.

Trade Links, International Trade Information, and Resources

Champlain College (
Customs and Border Protection (
Export Legal Assistance Network (ELAN)
Vermont Global Trade Partnership
Lake Champlain Regional Chamber of Commerce (
St. Michael's College (
Traderoots (
US Chamber of Commerce (
US Customs Service (
US Dept of Commerce (
US Dept of Commerce Commercial Service (
US Senator Bernie Sanders (
US Senator Patrick J. Leahy (
US Representative Peter Welch (
US Small Business Administration Export Programs (
US Visa Information (
UVM Center for Rural Studies
UVM's The International Link (
Vermont Agency of Agriculture (
Vermont Economic Development Authority (VEDA) (
Vermont International Marketing (   
Vermont Manufacturing Extension Center (VMEC) (